Monday, March 22, 2010

A Really Good Day

First, I would like to extend my congratulations to my editor, Sheryl Julian, and the other contributors to the Boston Globe's Food Section. The section was selected as one of three nominees for the best food section in the country by the James Beard Foundation! Hip Hip Hooray! Sheryl is one of the hardest working editors in the business, and it has been an absolute thrill and a pleasure to have submitted so many pieces/photos to her for the past four years. This is quite the honor -- and one that she truly deserves!

Secondly, I will take a brief moment to toot my own horn...here goes...toot...toot...TOOT! TOOT! As you may have seen, I submitted three recipes to Foodista's recipe contest -- homemade ketchup, farro with asparagus and mushrooms, and vegan pumpkin bundt cake. The online forum is assembling a cookbook using selected recipes submitted by bloggers. All three of my recipes were chosen as finalists! The winners will be announced at the end of the summer, but until then, you can continue to visit the site and vote or leave positive comments on the recipe. (Click on the link on the right sidebar to go directly to the site.) A giant thank you to those of you who have already done so! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment