Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dining In


With meals like this at home, why on earth would I ever want to eat out?



"California" Shrimp Boil - decidedly Californian as a result of the addition of locally grown artichokes! Washed down with our favorite white, gruner veltliner, from Austria (ie the motherland!...do I hear, "Dad, grandma's from Chicago."?)



And yet, another meal enjoyed on our glorious deck...this one was in the harsh light of midday, instead of a cool evening under the setting sun. We noshed on an egg sandwich, served between the layers of a sourdough bun I made myself and garnished with homegrown watercress and lettuce. With an additional nod to our Austrian relatives, we indulged in a Trumer Pils - produced at the Berkeley extension of a Salzburg brewery that's been around for over 400 years. With lunch done, I think it's time for a nap...well, either that or more laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment