Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another Way to Help Haiti

A few days ago, I ordered a pair of New Balance's Lace up for the Cure running shoes. When they arrived, I looked quizzically at my old shoes. Too beat up for me to continue using them but not quite destroyed enough to feel good about sending them to the landfill, I thought,"There has to be someone who can use these." How fortunate I am that I can even ponder such things.

Luckily, I received an email from Soles4soles asking for used and new shoes. The organization, in operation for quite some time, is ramping up their efforts to help Haitians. Aid workers and citizens are without shoes, a terrible thing when the ground is covered in broken glass, rubble, raw sewage, and sharp metal. Perhaps you have a few pairs that you have been meaning to part with...now is the time.

They are asking that the shoes be sent to:
The Clog Shop
61 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, New York 11021

2 comments:

  1. My co-worker set up a drop-off box at work. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great, Arun! We sent ours off yesterday...every little bit of help counts!

    ReplyDelete